Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Toasted Almond Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies


      I've had blueberry muffinsblueberry cake and unhealthy amounts of blueberry donuts (just realized I should try making those as well) but I have yet to make or even try blueberry cookies. Why, I do not know, but after making a batch of these I wish I had thought of it sooner.

Mmmmmm Mmm


       They're chewy and so full of flavor, and the sweet blueberries and crunchy toasted almonds really make them absolutely delicious. Plus they're different from your usual chocolate chip cookie. It's nice to change it up and these are perfect for a summer treat!



       I can always tell it's a good recipe when my mouth's watering from blogging about it, and let me tell you this batch of cookies across the kitchen is literally begging me to go have one......
Take my advice and make some for yourself.

Now get baking!



Toasted Almond Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup toasted almond slivers*
3/4 cup blueberries**


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream together butter and sugar, then add egg and vanilla and beat until light and airy. 
In separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Slowly mix in dry ingredients into butter mixture.
Fold in almonds and blueberries gently.
Spoon tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet (press down slightly if you want a flatter cookie).
Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes and edges are lightly browned.


*To toast almonds, place in preheated 350 degree oven on baking sheet. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring around occasionally.

**If using frozen blueberries, the dough will freeze slightly making it more difficult (but still totally possible) to work with and they will have to cook just a little bit longer in the oven










No comments:

Post a Comment