Thursday, April 3, 2014

Chili Pulled Pork Tacos w/ Mango Salsa



      I've decided the best way to spend a lazy Sunday is to get the crock pot going with a slow cooked meal and watch multiple episodes of Game of Thrones. It makes me pretty sad writing this, because it's Monday now so I actually have to be productive.

Can I go back in time to yesterday? Or fast forward to next weekend?


I actually just want more tacos.....



      The chipotle chili flavor of the pork goes great with the sweet and spicy kick of the mango salsa, and we all know guacamole just makes everything better. It was such a delicious meal! The 3+ pound pork butt was just about six dollars, and the mango and avocados were a little over a dollar each. It's a little more than I usually spend on a meal just because it was a bunch of different fresh ingredients, but it wasn't too bad and it was definitely worth it. Plus we've got plenty of leftovers!

     I love the type of meals that you make yourself, filling your plate (or taco shell) with whichever ratio of ingredients you prefer. It makes dinner a bit more fun, especially when it's so colorful and flavorful!
Plus the leftovers would make amazzzzzzing nachos.....

My plan is to make "build your own" type meals a theme for Sunday dinners now :)



       Though this meal was basically all homemade, it wasn't too time consuming. I stuck the pork in the crock pot around noon and pretty much forgot about it until around 6. I made the guacamole and salsa early in the day as well, so the flavors would set, and that took just about a half hour. (I also made a cole slaw, which was sooooo delicious, but it isn't completely necessary as an ingredient inside the taco, so I will post that recipe another time.)

       When dinner time came around, I grabbed everything out of the fridge and it was all set to go! I ate mine with hard shells because those were way easier to find gluten free, but I think soft shells would be best. Either way though, you can't go wrong! If you are gluten free, make sure the taco shells, worchestershire sauce and BBQ sauce are gluten free.



       To make the tacos, stack it all in a hard or shoft taco shell with a scoop of sour cream and some cheddar cheese if you'd like, and dinner is served!










































No comments:

Post a Comment