Thursday, March 27, 2014

Roasted Brussels Sprouts


  True Life: I'm addicted to brussels sprouts.


I'm not kidding.


They are tender yet crunchy when roasted, and so delicious. They're like cute little bite sized baby cabbages and I could literally eat them every day, which is a miraculous thing because until I was about 14 years old I hated all foods that grew naturally besides potatoes and watermelon. I used to be a verrrrrry picky eater. (Thank god that stage is long gone!)

Anyways, this is beyond easy so it's a great side dish for dinner. It's a staple in my weekly recipes, and I sometimes even cook them for lunch or an afternoon snack. If you haven't cooked them before, this is a great first recipe to try out because it's basically fool proof and really highlights their yummy flavor.







Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients:
1 lb brussels sprouts
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut brussels sprouts in half (if they're really big ones you might want to half them again)
- Toss to coat with olive oil in bowl or plastic bag and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Spread out on cookie sheet and roast in oven for about 30 minutes, depending on their size. They should be browned and crispy for the most part on the outside and tender in the middle.











No comments:

Post a Comment