Thursday, April 24, 2014

Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bites



       THESE WERE SO GOOD. I ate too many to say in public and it was very much worth it. They're creamy, dense little sweet carrot cakes with cream cheese frosting mixed right in. And I used ginger snaps as the crust.....(gluten free ones to boot - genius)



      I ate plenty of these before crushing them for the crust, and they were so good! And only 130 calories for 5 cookies which I thought was a pretty good deal. They weren't the cheapest things in the world, but it being a special occasion I wasn't too concerned about price.




     Last year I made Hummingbird Cake which kind of like the most delicious cross breed of banana bread and carrot cake I've ever tasted in my life..... But, being gluten free now, I wanted to avoid buying gluten free flours and making a cake, so I decided to fall back on one of my favorites. I figured it would be easy to find a gluten free graham cracker or cookie for the crust and the rest was naturally gluten free. (Again, thank God I found these ginger snaps!)


     I had an idea to make a carrot cake cheesecake, and I knew there had to be a trusted recipe out there. I'm super pumped I found the one I used, and I followed it directly except for using ginger snaps as the crust, so click the link below to check it out!






I recommend the ginger snap crust, even if you aren't gluten free :)
Also, I don't suggest baking the crust before baking the cheesecake. It wasn't necessary for me and actually the edges ending up nearly burning!

Here's the link!

Carrot Cake Cheesecake Bites







No comments:

Post a Comment