Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Curry in a Hurry



    I've made this three times since the first time I made it. It is delicious, healthy and naturally gluten free.... not to mention it is super quick. There's not much more I can ask for!

Just for fun, I thought I'd share with you where the magic happens....


Glamorous, right?!

Well inside that pot is delicious curry flavors simmering and that's all that really matters. All you need to do is cook some chicken with onions and spices, add in canned tomatoes and chickpeas, a little sour cream and viola!

Behold the glorious final product:


(One day I will have a better camera to do these meals justice...)


This dish will definitely remain a staple in my weekly/monthly recipes. It is just so simple, but deliciously flavorful and it's easy to change the ingredients to whatever you have on hand.

Too bad I don't have any more leftovers, this is making me hungry!!




You can add extra cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to add extra heat if that's what you're in the mood for!

Serve it with rice or quinoa, or just eat it by itself! That's why I do, and it is plenty satisfying :)




Chicken Curry in a Hurry

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite sized chunks
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 large onion, sliced
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp + 1 tsp curry powder
1 tbsp + 1 tsp garam masala
Cayenne pepper to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup sour cream

Directions:
- Heat oil in pot over medium high heat. Add in chicken, garlic and onions and season with curry and garam masala
- Cook, stirring, until chicken is nearly fully cooked, about 5 minutes
- Add in remaining ingredients, simmer for about a minute then cover and cook for another 7-10 minutes
- Serve alone or with rice









No comments:

Post a Comment