Sunday, March 2, 2014

Cilantro Lime Quinoa Salad



     This quinoa salad is super simple, delicious and healthy (A great alternative for pasta salad!). I love that it is served cold, making it an easy grab and go lunch, snack or side dish to dinner that can be stored in the fridge. It tastes so fresh, and it's something you can really feel good about eating.

And it's full of pretty colors which I loooooove!


           It reminds me of a summer dish which is exactly what I need right now. I don't know how many more <20 degree days I can handle!! (But seriously, a big bowl of this as a side for some grilled food and a day at the lake?! Come on!) It has similar flavors to the Mexican Bean Salad recipe I have on the blog, so try them both :)


          It's seasoned with cumin which is probably the most favored spice in the Sedler household, so you know we all loved it. Zest from the lime and the fresh crunch of veggies really made it delicious.... It's totally a winner.


I recommend serving it with a few slices of avocado!




        What's great about a recipe like this is that it inspires me to try all sorts of new variations. I love the way the quinoa is the base to a world of new potential additives and flavors, and you can basically incorporate anything you have and making something new!


Don't be surprised if you see a new variation of the recipe on the blog sometime soon ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment