Monday, February 3, 2014

Balsamic Chicken W/ Spinach and Mushrooms



         Another yummy meal to post about! I was beyond satisfied with this one, as it was both healthy and delicious. I haven't been cooking with enough spinach lately, and as weird as it may seem to say I was craving spinach......I was.

         Spinach is low in calories, very low on the glycemic index and it's PACKED with nutritional components that function as anti inflammatory and anti cancer agents. Not to mention it has more than 6x the necessary daily value of vitamin K and A, and plenty of antioxidants.



         I probably had 3 servings of spinach after eating this dish, and it was easy to do so because the spinach absorbed the yummy sauce so well. Plus the mushrooms add all sorts of nutritional benefits as well. I decided to balance out all this wonderfully healthy food with a little handful of cheddar cheese to be melted on top of the balsamic chicken, which added another flavor element and boyyyyyyy was it good!
        And of course I served it with quinoa because I do have a slight obsession. I've been looking forward to eating the leftovers for dinner all day!

Gluten free is easy!!



           I sprinkled a little bit of red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese on it to serve and it was amazing!














No comments:

Post a Comment