Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Kale and Mushroom Pizza


      More kale! I bought a 1 lb pre-cut bag, so I'm forcing myself to incorporate it into my cooking, and it turns out that it's a great addition to pizza. I used my trusted brand Portland Pie for the crust because they have a gluten free dough, which I was really pumped about, of course!
       It's a little different consistency than the regular dough. You roll it out instead of stretching and tossing it, and the texture is a little different upon being cooked as well but I thought it was really good. Especially with all the yummy, healthy toppings :)



       I had needed a substantial dinner that day because I had the beer olympics that night, which you know we take very seriously. I figured a good pizza would do the trick holding me down and keeping me in the games! Here's the winning team:



(though technically the games never got finished for obvious reasons, but we'll still take the win! And I won't disclose what country we are because I don't want to offend anyone....Though it might be obvious from the photos on our chest...)


       Whether the pizza did it for me or not, who knows. But I do know that having a piece for lunch the day after the olympics was a life saver.


 It's not the shapeliest thing in the world but you'll get over that once you take a bite...

     I love using fresh mozzarella on a pizza. It could just be because I love eating it while I'm cutting it up, or because the way it stretches so long when you take a bite of the pizza. Either way, in my opinion it's the way to go!




       As always, the recipe is just a guideline. Switch up the ingredients based on whatever you got! I don't use real measurements in the recipe because you really don't need them for a pizza. It's all eye balling and just throwing on your desired amount!


Remember to look for that Portland Pie dough in your grocery store! It really makes a difference.



























No comments:

Post a Comment