Thursday, February 6, 2014

Kale, Quinoa and Veggie Soup



      This meal is so cheap. It is so easy. It's delicious, healthy, gluten free and vegetarian. It is many many many things.....  It better have healing qualities too because I've been sick for days (hence I got the desperate idea to make a healthy, heartwarming soup!).

      Here's hoping this soup will cure all your winter ailments, as well. With all the nutrients packed in there I think it could work wonders, but if not, at least it's super colorful and nice to look at!




         I've been needing a good recipe with kale. I'm guilty of neglecting it and all its nutritional powers, but I've made it my goal to eat more of it. This was a wonderful start, especially because I made a HUGE pot of it so I'll be eating it for days! I'll be a healthy girl :)

        I basically threw in anything that I had that I felt would be good, and it ended up working in my favor. That's the magic of soups! It's fun to mix in whatever you have and make it delicious. I was really happy with the quinoa in there, as I have never tried it in a soup before. It added a different texture component than what I was accustomed to, and I really liked it. Of course the kale added a great crunch, with the rest of the tender vegetables.




        I ate my serving with a slice of gluten free bread. And for the record, whoever says it tastes like cardboard has never had Three Bakers 7 Ancient Grains sliced bread. It is nutty and flavorful and so so sooo good. I think I like it better than basically any store bought sliced bread I've had in the past, regardless of the amount of gluten it's got! This brand tastes great toasted with peanut butter or jam, used for a sandwich, or in this case, dunked in the broth of a soup.


(Image taken from imaceliac.com)
The one I use is on the left. The only downfall is the small size of the slices, but hey, we could all use a little portion control ;)


       This recipe is definitely a keeper because it's tasty, and you can feel good about yourself even after eating a ginormous bowl of it. Being healthy feels great!









No comments:

Post a Comment