Monday, January 27, 2014

Fudgy Black Bean Brownies


      Gluten free shmuten free, I can eat the yummiest brownies without any flour in my life. These are moist, fudgy and dense, and semi-guilt free. Not to mention you cannot even tell they're the healthier version!


       Just to keep you updated, this gluten free diet has made a huge difference for me. I feel more energized, I've had basically no headaches (compared to multiple a week) and my body just seems to feel way healthier and things are working more smoothly. I'll give it a couple more weeks before I change the focus of the blog completely, but don't be surprised when/if I do, because I have a feeling it's going to become Gourmet Taste for the (Gluten free) College buds. If you're thinking about trying out a gluten free diet I highly recommend it!



        I hadn't baked gluten free yet, and I figured it was about time because I was really craving chocolate. My friend Shelby, who is health conscious as well and is trying out a gluten free diet, shared this recipe with me with rave reviews and I totally second her opinion.
       My roommates all really liked them as well, and in unanimous agreement we thought the black beans were not even noticeable. I even made the same recipe at home with my mom the other day and she loved them.



        The success of this recipe has me contemplating trying other ones that previously had me a little sketched out.... Like chickpea muffins. Maybe those will be next! I have also heard about using avocado as a base for baking, and I can see that tasting prettttty good. We'll see what I come up with next ;)

       There are always options to make this recipe healthier. I followed it exactly, but if you are super health conscious you could try applesauce for oil, and some sort of sugar substitute.












No comments:

Post a Comment