Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Scrambled Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich

   

       I always make fried egg sandwiches, (the typical bacon egg and cheese) but this may have just converted me. Some scrambled eggs and cheese stacked between two pieces of bread and grilled. So simple, why hadn't I thought of it before....does everyone do this, and I just haven't heard of it?!




           Since the idea popped up, I've made at least 3 or 4 and they have always been delicious. It's too easy to mess up! It's perfect for a cheap finals week breakfast/lunch and the potential ingredients, as always, have endless options. I have made one with spinach and one with green pepper and so far the pepper is my favorite....I love the crunch! Try it with any vegetables you have on hand.



Sometimes I think it's silly to blog about such easy recipes, but then again, everyone cooks in different ways and often the simple ideas are overlooked!



Scrambled Egg Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Ingredients:
2 pieces bread
butter
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper*
1 tbsp finely chopped onion
1 or 2 eggs (depending on how hefty of a sandwich you want)
heaping 1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Heat olive oil in pan over medium heat and add vegetables, cooking for 2-3 minutes. Scramble eggs in small bowl with garlic powder and salt and pepper. Add eggs to pan with vegetables and cook 3-4 minutes. Place eggs on toast, top with cheese, and spread butter on the outsides of the bread. Remove any excess egg from pan and grill sandwich on medium heat or until golden brown or desired crispiness. Serve with ketchup or hot sauce.








No comments:

Post a Comment