Monday, May 13, 2013

Curried Butternut Squash

         Im a big fan of butternut squash. It's sweet and delicious and super healthy for you. To digress from my usual recipe, I decided to add in some curry powder to spice it up a bit, and boy was it good!
          It's an awesome side dish or a really healthy snack. I cut them into the shape of thick little french fries, but you could cut them up smaller/thinner to have them crisp up easier.
          I never realized how well butternut squash and curry go together, but I'm sure this will spark some great new recipes to try! I served these with crispy chicken drumsticks and it was a quick and easy meal that was satisfying and delicious. Gotta love the simple things!

Curried Butternut Squash
Ingredients:
1 butternut squash - peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-1inch cubes or "fries"
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425
Toss squash with all ingredients to coat. Spread out flat on baking sheet and cook in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until tender and browned.






No comments:

Post a Comment