Friday, May 10, 2013

Black Bean and Corn BBQ Pizza

     

       Before I get into talking of the absolute deliciousness of this pizza, I'd just like to throw out there that I've made the stuffed mushrooms twice since my last post.....I'm in love....obsessed.... Please do yourself a favor and make the damn things, you won't regret it! Click Here :)    
       So I know right when my mom reads this post she's going to think "Omg I remember eating that pizza, Erica needs to make it again for us at home!" and that's totally okay with me because I definitely wouldn't mind eating more of it soon. Actually to be honest I could probably eat this pizza every week for the rest of my life and never get sick of it. (That might be an exaggeration but the point is that it is a reaaaalllly good pizza)


The toppings are really cheap which is always a plus! Just pop open a few cans (that are often hiding in the back of the cabinet) and you are good to go!



And only minutes after the first picture was taken.....

         
        It seems like kind of odd toppings for a pizza, but I'm confident that it will surprise you with how delicious it is. The corn gives such a sweet crunch and the beans and tomatoes add great texture as well.....and of course you can never go wrong smothering something with cheese and BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's!) My boyfriend swears on having meat with every meal, and likes to have chicken or bacon or something on his pizza, and even he approved and said it really surprised him how great it tasted! I promise you'll love it :)


Tip - make sure if you're using a pizza stone you put the stone in the oven, then preheat the oven and let the stone heat up as the oven heats (to prevent it from cracking). The hot pan gives the bottom of the pizza a crisp crust so it's not all soggy! 


BBQ Black Bean and Corn Pizza
Ingredients:
1 premade pizza dough
2 tbsp cornmeal
Approx 1 cup favorite bbq sauce (plus more for topping if desired)
1/2 can black beans, drained and rinsed (about a cup)
1/2 can corn, drained 
1/2 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
garlic powder to dust

Directions:
(If using pizza stone, place in oven) Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Once preheated, remove pan from oven if using stone, and top with cornmeal. You can spray lightly with cooking oil beforehand to prevent sticking. Stretch dough and place on top of pan. Top with BBQ sauce, 1 cup of cheese then the beans, corn and tomatoes. You may use more or less of the ingredients depending on preference. (I like mine loaded!) Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and swirl more BBQ sauce on top if desired. Dust lightly with garlic powder and cook in preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubblin!









No comments:

Post a Comment