Monday, January 20, 2014

Rosemary Pork Chops w/ Apple and Brown Butter Sauce

      So I'm back to school to round out the last semester of my third year in college. It'll be a tough one, taking six classes and trying to squeeze in as much waitressing as I can, so I'll have to do the best I can fitting in some blogging time. Good healthy food sure helps with stress, and blogging is kinda therapeutic for me anyways, so I'm going to try to do it as much as I can.

This recipe will show you, we're off to a good start...


      Pork chops with apple sauce is a kind of old fashion, traditional meal I'm sure many of you will be familiar with. I like it, but it sure needed to be amped up a little bit and this is definitely the way to do it. I was sooooo happy with how it came out, I wish I had made 10x more. Its sweet and tart and delicious, and the quinoa absorbed the sauce really nicely, making it all go very well together.

And it's gluten free!! Without even having to try....score!



      Another bonus is the pork chops were on sale at the grocery store (as they often are), so this meal ended up being very budget friendly, and after getting a $185 speeding ticket on my way back to school, unfortunately I am having to be extra cost conscious!
      This meal doesn't take long, so it's great for a decently busy weeknight. Time constraints shouldn't sacrifice flavor! The leftovers heated up deliciously the next day, which I very much appreciated after a long day of classes. Sooooo yummy.

Recipe was altered from Allrecipes.com













No comments:

Post a Comment