Sunday, January 11, 2015

Honey Glazed Brussels Sprouts



       Because of the intensity of my love for brussels sprouts, I am cooking them at least once (if not multiple times) a week. Therefore I need many recipes to keep my taste buds entertained. This is one of my new favorites. It's sweet and tangy, with an added depth of flavor from a little balsamic vinegar. They're a delicious side to basically anything - chicken, pork, steak, fish, etc, and they sure are one hell of a way to get a serving of veggies.


      They're roasted to tender perfection, then tossed in the sweet sauce so they'll literally melt in your mouth. Also, I just love how the glaze looks on them, with the mustard seeds glued between the leaves.

      As you can see, I gave myself a pretty hearty serving, and you can be sure I had more afterwards.
I suppose there are worse things for you to eat too much of than brussels sprouts!




     Now that I'm looking at this image, I'm thinking that this glaze would be delicious on those vibrant carrots as well. Even roasted potatoes! Or chicken or pork! I think that the possibilities are endless....







Honey Glazed Brussels Sprouts
Ingredients:
1-1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts, halved
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp whole grain mustard
1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp balsamic vinegar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Toss brussels sprouts in olive oil, and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Spread evenly on baking sheet and cook for about 25-30 minutes or until they're tender and leaves are turning golden brown.
Meanwhile, mix together mustard, honey and vinegar.
Toss cooked sprouts in mustard mixture to coat, and serve!









No comments:

Post a Comment