Monday, December 16, 2013

Simple & Delicious BBQ Steak Marinade



      One of my favorite things to eat is a nice, juicy marinated steak tip. I'm always trying different marinades and mixing up ingredients, but I often come back to this same simple recipe because it's so delicious. I love the taste of my favorite bbq sauce, with some added zing from the italian dressing, and the worcestershire that really brings out the meaty deliciousness of the steak. It's super easy and the ingredients can always be found in my fridge.


       Five out of the 9 months I'm at school it's way too cold outside to use the grill at my boyfriend's house, and plus I'm pretty lazy to begin with, so I cook my steak in the oven on broil to get a similar outcome. I highly recommend doing that over pan searing or baking at a lower temperature.

     Some tips- Don't broil the meat smothered in the marinade, because the oil in it sears the meat quicker, and plus it will all drip off and end up burning. Also don't season it with salt and pepper because the salt slows the browning process and the pepper will burn.


Simple BBQ Steak Marinade
Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs steak tips
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup your favorite bbq sauce
1/2 cup italian dressing
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp balsamic vinegar (optional)

Directions:
Mix ingredients in medium bowl, add steak and cover.
Marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours (but at minimal 1).
Remove from marinade before cooking and allow meat to come to room temperature before broiling or grilling to desired doneness. Discard marinade










No comments:

Post a Comment