Monday, October 7, 2013

Nothing's Betta than Bruschetta



     In the midst of busy weeks of exams, stressful school work and my new job, it's almost necessary to treat yourself with some yummy food, and what better than bruschetta.

     I'm in love with it. If you've had it before you understand the delicious bite of juicy tomatoes, sweet balsamic and crunchy baquette, along with the parmesan and garlicky aroma.

The best part is sopping up the remaining balsamic and tomato juices with the baquette while the little crostinis are baking away in the oven.....MmmmMmm




      They're a delicious appetizer or snack, or in the case of a busy college kid such as myself, dinner on a weeknight before an exam. Not exactly what I recommend for a healthy, well balanced dinner but hey, I was desperate! And I don't regret a single tasty bite :)

Actually just thinking about them makes me wish I had a plate full in front of me again.....




Oh my god, they're too yummy. Like the type of appetizers at catered events that are so good you embarrass yourself hunting down the girl with the tray basically attacking her for more...




Wait......does that not happen to you?



    Maybe with these it would :)


        I prefer to use cherry tomatoes, but roma tomatoes work great as well. I also prefer to eat them in a little bit more glamorous setting, but sitting on my couch surrounded by textbooks, checkbooks and macbooks will have to suffice.....


Welcome to college!





Cherry Tomato Bruschetta
Ingredients:
Baquette cut into 20-25 pieces
1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp basil
salt and pepper
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Quarter cherry tomatoes and put in bowl. 
Mix in vinegar, oil, garlic, basil, salt and pepper and cheese with tomatoes. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
Spread baquette slices on cookie sheet and bake in oven for about 4 minutes or until just golden. 
Remove from oven and top with cherry mixture, and bake for about 3 minutes more. 









No comments:

Post a Comment