Monday, October 21, 2013

Broccoli Casserole - Comfort Food at it's Finest



     If you want a kid to eat their broccoli, this must be the way to do it. It has to be. Someone would have to be out of their mind to not like this casserole. The broccoli is so tender and cheesy, and with the cream of mushroom soup it all basically melts in your mouth, and then there's the crunch of the cracker crumbs....

    It's a recipe from my grammy, and I will never pass on a serving. Or a second....or a third....


     I think the picture says it all. (Which doesn't happen often on my blog considering I'm using my old iphone with very minimal editing) In my opinion, it ties with homemade mac and cheese. Actually just writing that sentence confirmed my decision to make this exact recipe but toss in some macaroni noodles and call it dinner.

Yes, I will do that next week.




     We served this casserole with a baked ham my mom made, mashed sweet potatoes and corn. The vote was unanimous....it was delicious. The dish above is a doubled, almost tripled version of the recipe so if you follow the one below it won't be as big!

I don't know a much better way to eat your broccoli!


Broccoli Casserole
Ingredients:
3-4 heads of broccoli, chopped
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 egg
1 cup cheddar cheese
2 tbsp minced onion
salt and pepper to taste
About 12 ritz crackers, crushed
2 tbsp butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Steam broccoli in microwave or over stove.
In large bowl mix broccoli with mushroom soup, egg, cheese, onion and salt and pepper.
Pour into casserole dish.
Top with crushed crackers and butter.
Bake for about 40 minutes, or until top is browned and it's bubbling









No comments:

Post a Comment