Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Flourless Mint Chocolate Cookies


    I think these cookies defy the science of baking. They make absolutely no sense to me but I'm ok with it because it's amazing. There is no flour and no butter/oil, yet they have nice texture and hold together great, without falling apart at all!

    I found the recipe on Amyinthekitchen.com and I was so curious on how it actually worked, so of course I went straight to the grocery store after work and picked up my supplies. Needless to say I'm happy that I did!


   I altered her recipe slightly, to what I thought worked better to my preference. They are chewy, fudgy, and super chocolatey; basically like thin little brownie cookies. I highly recommend giving these a try! Plus, in comparison to other cookies, these really aren't too unhealthy for you. There is a decent amount of sugar, of course, but they're gluten free and basically fat free too! (depending on the chocolate chips you use)



     The recipe calls for mint extract, but you could use another variety for a different flavor!





Flourless Mint Chocolate Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
5 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp mint extract (or a little less for lighter mint flavor)
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper (I wouldnt skip out on the parchment paper because the batter is pretty liquidy compared to other cookie batters and I think the paper really makes a difference)
Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips, and once mixed, fold in chocolate chips. The batter will closer resemble cake batter than cookie dough, so don't be alarmed!
Spoon tablespoons of the batter onto the parchment paper and bake for 12 minutes.
Let cookies cool for at least five minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack to allow them to set.
Store in airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment