Sunday, September 28, 2014

Pomegranate Chicken and Brussels Sprouts



     This post is devoted to two of my newest favorite recipes, one of which I've made about 10 times and I've yet to post about (most likely because I'm too eager to eat them to take the time to take a decent photo), and the other is totally credited to Stonewall Kitchen. Though my internship there has technically ended, I have a stockpile of their products and I am more than happy to blog about how much I enjoy cooking with them.

(Before I sell you on their product though, I'll let you know that the Pomegranate Grille Sauce used in the recipe is being discontinued. They are available online through the barn sale or there might be some left in the warehouse store in Rochester, NH. I have tasted many of their other sauces though, and I can promise you that the Roasted Apple Grille Sauce (which I currently have a bottle of so you can expect a recipe soon) or the Garlic Rosemary Citrus Sauce, would both be delicious following the same recipe!)

    Stonewall Kitchen products really do make life easier in the kitchen because the sauces are soooo delicious and therefore lessen the amount of work you end up doing to get a final dish that is super good, and still tastes homemade.

So now I'll begin with this chicken....


     The pomegranate taste is unique and sweet (but not overly!) and the wine helps add another dimension and bring out those flavors. My boyfriend and I were very impressed, literally saying "wow this is good" between each bite. Serving it with quinoa was also a great choice because it soaks up the sauce so nicely. And it's gluten free! Hallelujah!

   Serving this chicken with one of my favorite brussels sprouts recipe just makes it a perfect meal. I would honestly eat this for dinner every day!


       I am so in love with brussels sprouts. They're my favorite vegetable and coming up close to my favorite food in general (call me crazy). I eat them 10x more than I end up blogging about, but I will try and change that!

      The recipe below is my current go to, and it couldn't be easier. Just toss the little guys in oil, season and roast them, then toss in a little bit of balsamic salad dressing and serve with feta or goat cheese. I also love using Stonewall Kitchen Balsamic Fig Dressing for this same recipe, but I'm not trying to go all sales woman-y on you and freak you out. Just keep in mind it's a really good option :)

     You really could toss the sprouts in any of your favorite salad dressings, and try and pair the flavors to match the main portion of your meal!




Pomegranate Chicken
Ingredients:
1 lb chicken breast
Salt, Pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup sliced onion
1/2 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Pomegranate Grille Sauce (or Roasted Apple Grille Sauce or Garlic Rosemary Citrus Sauce)

Directions:
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat, and add chicken, onions and garlic.
Cook chicken until browned on first side, about 4 minutes, then turn over and cook about a minute or so on the other side and add in wine and simmer to reduce by about half.
Pour pomegranate sauce on top and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low about 2 minutes more.




Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Ingredients:
1 lb brussels sprouts
2 tbsp olive oil
Kosher salt
Pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2-3 tbsp balsamic salad dressing (or other)
1/3 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Remove the little root off of the brussels sprouts and slice them in half. Toss to coat in olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Spread on baking sheet and roast in preheated oven about 30 minutes, depending on the size of the brussels sprouts.
Remove from oven, and toss to coat in medium bowl with salad dressing.
Serve with cheese as garnish.









No comments:

Post a Comment