Sunday, September 14, 2014

Honey Soy Srircha Chicken Wings


        I work at a bar called The Roost that specializes in wings, so I am constantly serving them to people, yet I've never made them on my own. I decided it was about time to try, because it is Sunday and what's a more perfect game day snack than wings?! That's right..... nothing.

      They're sticky and messy and delicious and that is exactly what I want while watching a good football game. They're baked until crispy and tossed in a sweet, salty and mildly spicy sauce that everyone's sure to love.


      I was tied between trying two different recipes - Asian sticky wings or Honey Srircha wings - so I asked my boyfriend which he'd rather have, and of course he recommended mixing the two together. It was a very good choice, indeed.




        Patting the skin dry and brushing it with the oil and butter allows it to crisp up really nicely (DO NOT skip that step!), so you won't miss the deep fryer. In my opinion they're just as good, and they're much healthier!

         I'm thinking that I will be serving up wings at home during Sunday football quite a bit this year, so you can expect some new and creative recipes!


They were gone all too soon.....








Honey Soy Srircha Chicken Wings
Ingredients:
12-15 chicken wings
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp melted butter
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari
1 1/4 cup water
1/3 cup honey
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp srircha or to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 and line rimmed baking sheet with foil and grease.
Pat chicken wings dry.
Mix together oil, butter, garlic powder and salt, and brush wings liberally on all sides.
Cook in preheated oven 40-50 minutes or until skin is crispy.
While chicken is cooking, combine soy sauce, water and honey in saucepan over medium to medium-high and simmer 20-30 minutes to reduce, til it just coats the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in butter, lemon juice and srircha. Adjust srircha amounts to taste.
Toss wings to coat, and serve with remaining sauce drizzled on top.






No comments:

Post a Comment