Friday, November 1, 2013

"Grandma's" Chocolate Chip Cookies


       Halloween as a little kid is exciting, but Halloween as a college student is waaaayyyy better, and the fact that it happened to fall on a Thursday this year was very convenient. I may or may not have made it to my Friday morning classes but the answer to that doesn't necessarily need to be disclosed.....(sorry Mom)
        Needless to say it was an awesome night and everyone came up with some hilarious and creative costumes. Here's what me and my roommates looked like:


       From left to right we have Sam/Wonder Woman, Me/Bingo Nana, Mo/Khaleesi and Maggie/80's prom queen. I'd say it's a pretty awesome array of costumes. My boyfriend was an old person with me, which was pretty hilarious, especially after I stuffed my elastic waistband jeans with a king size sheet for some added butt cushioning. You can imagine I had a lot of fun dancing around with that.....


     So dressing up as a Grandma, I felt it necessary to put my culinary skills to work and make a batch of homemade cookies for all the party goers. (There is a good chance I am about the biggest nerd in the world, but thats okay.) The huge batch of cookies is nearly gone so no one's complaining!



         I found the recipe on Allrecipes. I love that site because the ratings help make it easy to tell what recipes are worth trying, and you can easily read peoples' reviews and suggestions. This particular recipe had great reviews and it was pretty simple so I decided to give it a shot, and it came out really good! They are moist and chewy and sweet, and the dough is dangerously good. Successful recipes always make for a happy blogger :)



Enjoying some homemade cookies and a nice cold Corona! Happy Halloween!



"Grandma's" Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp hot water
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts - optional

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cream together butter and sugars until smooth.
Beat eggs in one at a time and add in vanilla, then baking soda dissolved in the hot water.
Stir in flour and salt then fold in chocolate chips.
Drop by the spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are golden











No comments:

Post a Comment