Monday, August 19, 2013

Bacon Avocado Pasta Salad


      Okay so I'm still obsessing over these garden tomatoes. I haven't gotten over how delicious they were on the pizza, so when my mom asked me to make a pasta salad, it was necessary for them to make another appearance. This time, with bacon.....



     It was super easy, especially because we had a bunch of leftover pasta. (Hence why my mom asked me to make the salad in the first place)

     If the bacon and fresh tomato wasn't enough to convince you, I have one word..... Avocado. I have explained my love for them multiple times (click for GuacamoleSmoked Salmon SandwichGuac and Egg Sandwich recipes) so don't even get me started.


    And if you're interested in what heaven tastes like, I recommend you serve a heaping scoop of the pasta salad with a fresh steamed lobster.....




 Then round out the meal in true Maine fashion, with homemade blueberry cake!


My studies have proved it to cure anyone's bad day.
I'm pretty sure the lobster does that too ;)

Click here for cake recipe!



Bacon Avocado Pasta Salad
Ingredients:
1 lb cooked elbow pasta/pasta of choice, cooled
1 cup mayo
juice of 2 lemons
10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 1/2 tsp thyme
3 large tomatoes, chopped
2 avocados, pitted and chopped
1/2 large vidalia onion, chopped
Black pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix mayo with lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, pepper and thyme. 
Stir dressing into pasta and add remaining ingredients.
Season with black pepper to taste, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving

*If making ahead of time, it may be a good idea to wait to add the avocado until serving, just so they don't brown.


Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment